Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Green Smoothie



http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/in-the-reboot-kitchen-get-your-greens-smoothie/

Posted by Jamie Schneider on June 12th, 2013


Bring on the green! I normally start my day with a big green juice — my favorite is the Morning Green Glory – but sometimes I change it up and decide to place everything I typically throw into a juicer into my blender*. And it is just as delicious! If you’re on a juice only Reboot, then you want to stick with just juice, but if you’re eating on your Reboot too, this is an excellent smoothie to enjoy. But even not on a Reboot, it’s one of my favorite smoothies to drink.

What I love about this smoothie, is it makes 64 ounces at one time (half the recipe if you don’t want that much!). I drink 16 oz./500 ml  in the morning, I bring another 16 oz./500 ml for an afternoon snack and then I store the rest in a mason jar to have the next day. It keeps well for a full two days so don’t be afraid to make a lot!



Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 64 oz./2 L (4 servings)
Serving Size: 16 oz./ 500 ml
Ingredients:6 leaves of kale (Tuscan cabbage)
5 leaves of romaine lettuce (cos)
1 cucumber
2 celery stalks
2 apples, cored
1 frozen banana*
2 cups/16 oz./500 ml water
Ice cubes
2 dates, pitted (optional if you want a sweeter smoothie*

*Note: I would never put a banana or dates in my juicer, but they are perfect to add with other fruits and veggies in your blender!

Directions:1.) Cut cucumber and celery in half, or even fourths, depending on the power of your blender, and core apples.

2.) Add water, kale and romaine to a high-powered blender. Blend on high until greens are mixed well with the water.

3.) Add the remaining ingredients, including a handful of ice, into the blender and blend at least 60 – 90 seconds, until all fruits and veggies are mixed well and form a smooth consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment