Monday, May 6, 2013

Spice Drawer Organizer Idea

In-Drawer Spice Organizer...

I've been putting together a lot of cheapo bookshelves from Walmart lately (I'll show you what I'm up to soon!)


When the shelves come out of the box, they have these protective cardboard corners on them.

When I saw them, I thought of a few uses for them, so I kept them.  This morning, a great idea snapped into my head - what about using them for an In-Drawer Spice Rack? 

Reality Check - Here's my "Spice Rack" Before organization:


Embarrassing...and I can never find what I'm looking for.

So, I took one of the cardboard corners and cut it to fit the drawer tightly.  This is important because if it's too loose, the spices will move around in the drawer every time you open or close it.



I left the back of the drawer open for larger spices.  I have some big bags of Indian Spicesthat wouldn't fit in an ordinary spice organizer, so this customizable solution really worked for me! 



If you don't have a cardboard corner like mine on hand, this method would work with any sturdy cardboard.  Take a strip of 3-inch cardboard and cut it to fit your drawer (tightly), then bend it in half down its length.  Set it in your drawer, point side up and stack your spices!  Easy!


The Fake-It Yourself Breakdown:

Fake In-Drawer Spice Organizer (Free Cardboard)

Total Fake-It Cost:  $0.00

Compare to This In-Drawer Spice Organizer:  $40.00

Image of product #RAS-ST50-21A-52
Credit - The Hardware Hut
Total Fake-It Savings:  $40.00
http://fakeitfrugal.blogspot.com/2012/09/in-drawer-spice-organizerfree.html

No comments:

Post a Comment