Monday, June 10, 2013

Upholstery Stain Remover

Inspired-Housewife:  Easy Upholstery Stain Remover













Remover

Ingredients:
cup Dawn blue dish soap
cup white vinegar
cup club soda
A heavy duty spray bottle
A scrub brush
After I removed the car seats, I vacuumed the seat thoroughly and picked any crusty or sticky substances from the upholstery surface.  I then mixed the Dawn, vinegar, and club soda together in my heavy duty spray bottle and shook it lightly to mix.
I sprayed liberally over the stained areas and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes.  I took my scrub brush and scrubbed in little circles over the stains.  To my amazement the stains started to lift and disappear.  I ran out of time to finish, but the next morning when I came back most of the stains were completely gone except a few of the worst ones.  There were water marks where I sprayed my cleaning solution the day before so this time I used myHoover SteamVac and only filled it with warm water.   I resprayed the stained areas that did not come out and then scrubbed again.  I used the hand held spinning attachment and water sprayer, and as I went over each section it sucked up the water.  It was amazing how well Dawn, vinegar, and club soda worked together.
Inspired-Housewife:  Easy Upholstery Stain Remover

No comments:

Post a Comment